I use Microsoft Word to write my papers and assignments for university. The ribbon across the top in Word 2007 (a sort-of... contextual formatting bar) makes it a bit easier to manage your word document as you write.
In older versions, you'd have to open multiple formatting palettes to format your document. What ended up happening was you'd have about 12 boxes covering up bits and pieces of your document, and suddenly your screen was feeling very claustrophobic. Luckily, with this new ribbon formatting bar across the top, you don't have to close and reopen palettes every few minutes. Instead, you can just scroll through the different palettes at the top of the screen. WHEW.
Another change I noticed.. Maybe a not so great one..
In Excel 2007 you have to jump through hoops and hurdles to get the Solver Add-in to work. It was built-in to previous versions, but now it's not as easy to find and run. No, I'm not a math nerd, I just have to use this function for all the statistics courses SFU says I have to take to finish my degree.
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment